The pre-professional Apprentice program is for the student who is ready to take the next step in their dream of becoming a professional dancer. This program is for dancers between the ages of 18-22 who have the artistic, technical and physical aptitude to become a professional ballet dancer.
PABS apprentices receive:
- A full 36-week tuition scholarship
- $100 weekly stipend
- pointe/flat shoe allowance
- audition guidance
1. An audition class can be scheduled during the months of February-July. Call 610-664-3455 to schedule
2. Attend PAB’s 6-week summer session. Call 610-664-3455 for information
3. Send by email or DVD a sample of your dancing which clearly represents your current technical, artistic and physical abilities. Can include class work and/or performance highlights. Mail to: Penna. Academy of Ballet, 29 N. Narberth Ave., Narberth, PA 19072 Email to: info@PaAcademyofBallet.com
In Step is a series of lecture demonstrations and performances designed to expose the audience to the contemporary relevance of classical ballet. To date In Step has been performed for educational institutes and senior communities in the Philadelphia and surrounding region. Presented by members of the professional teaching staff of the Pennsylvania Academy of Ballet and its pre-professional level students it is an opportunity for people to experience a live, up-close performance by inspiring young artists and gives participants a chance to directly interact with the young performers through a personal Q&A. The benefits of such a program are significant. To schedule a performance for your organization call 610-664-3455
The Vaganova seminar, taught by John White, is designed to help established teachers and aspiring novices apply sound methodology to their individual teaching situations. Experienced teachers will gain greater insights into teaching methodology and theory, while novices will learn the importance of a systematic approach to teaching. The knowledge gained will enable all participants to work with their students with greater awareness and confidence.
Every year the Society sponsors participation in outreach and community event performances offering a wonderful opportunity for both the audience and the dancers at the Pennsylvania Academy of Ballet to grow in appreciation for the performing arts. We are proud to support the following organizations and events through live performance
- Children’s Hospital of Pennsylvania
- Devereux Foundation
- Maestro the Lion
- Narberth Business Association- Narberth Dicken’s Festival
- Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House
- Upper Darby Performing Arts Center- annual Nutcracker
PABS scholarship fund
The PABS Scholarship Fund awards tuition scholarships to students who demonstrate financial need and a need to dance. We look for those students who are talented, passionate, motivated, exhibit an exceptional work ethic and are committed to dance as an art form. The scholarship committee reviews and awards on an annual basis.